Tamed: A Huntress Spin-off Novel

Tamed: A Huntress Spin-off Novel - Adria Wade Originally posted on Book-o-Craze, on a tour hosted by HEA Book Tours and Book Junky Tours.

After the divorce of her parents, and the downhill turn her life took, Paige survives a tragic accident, which, also, she was the cause of, at the tender age of fifteen years old. After that, her life changed even more drastically. She was forced to endure a home confinement for one year, and then three years in a boarding school, sent away by her father who has unable to control her.

At the age of 19, she comes back home to find her brother greatly changed, in a way she can't quite put her finger on. Soon, she meets his friend Eli, and the attraction between them is quite apparent! He asks her on a date, and constantly shows her how interested he is in her. She starts to have some feelings toward him, too, but then Silas, and the strange dreams that revolve around him and Paige, come into the picture!

After yet another incident, in which her friend Andie gets turned into a dangerous and inhuman vampire, Paige finds out that Eli is a hybrid, part vampire, part werewolf, Silas is an incubus, and her own brother is a vampire hunter, human, but with supernatural powers!

Her whole life has turned upside down once again, but now, in a supernatural way!
And, if that wasn't enough, she has to decide if she likes Eli or Silas best. And, then of course decide what to do about it!

I liked Paige. She was independent, revolutionary and strong, even if at times she was consumed by her guilt, something that was completely natural, considering the tragedies she had survived! I enjoyed very much the way she narrated her story. The author also made us realize her psycho-synthesis, the way she thinks and the reasons she acts the way she does, very well!

As for her romantic interests? Well, I was a bit torn!
I liked Eli, he seemed serious both generally and towards Paige. He was noble and kind, but also didn't hesitate to claim Paige as his.
Silas lacked in seriousness most of the time, but he was a character I greatly enjoyed as to the danger and excitement he was giving off. He also saved the heroine's life more than once!

All those elements, plus the amazing and bad-ass team of vampire hunters, among whom my favorites were Athena, Lucas and Kyle, made the book all that more enjoyable to me! The fact they were all different kinds of supernatural beings, made it all, all that much more awesome!

All in all, 4,5 stars to a very enjoyable read, that included vampires, werewolves, incubi, witches and many many interesting supernatural powers!